Tuesday, May 18, 2010

romance....

Romance……
Today, in the scorching heat of summer, in a terribly old maruti 800 (the apple of my father’s eye) sitting sullenly, with a silent friend in the backseat (to whom I am not talking ..and who is also not talking to me) , we cross this road , this little path, when , out of a 1950 movie’s romance – this browned with age twig of some unknown beautiful leaf tree falls on the road …… and I think of romance .. and all that the thought meant to me.
I have been thinking (painfully known to all those who still haven’t turned off my profile notifications…) about love for the past few days. I may say umpteen numbers of times that I DO NOT believe in love, but romance – ah…. Ill always believe in romance……
A lonely train journey – and you’ll find me, looking for a romance, if not for me, then a story of someone’s love (and god is kind to me, I generally always do find a train romance – this time, I met this young married woman, who told me how she found true love though her marriage was a product of arrangement- a 15 minute meeting to decipher the romantic code of your life.). I find romance a very very important aspect of life …… romance is the all knowing governing concept of life – the romance of listening to a song somewhere and thinking of a particular person, the romance of old memories , the romance in the particular way you used to write… the romance possible in various nuances of life ……. Ah..Romance makes me all giddy !!
It is this feeling that makes me change my status a million times a week, this notion of romance of innocent feeling that I try to find in movies and books, the passion of a mental state that makes me look at the sepia hues of everything I see… my love for a good love story – for always going out of the way to set people up. Destiny, fate and chance – all make romance a more abstract concept to me than love (at least, what I always think of love)….. the beauty of having a moment with a person and never meeting them again, of having a harmless chat conversation with a person …… I may lack the capacity to love truly, but you can never take romance from me………

No comments: