Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This Birthday ......

1.) i want to have huge slabs of ice cream and not feel sick of it ..ever


2.) want to bring back the same happy times i used to have with a friend who is now sick of me , when we went zooming around our little world in my scooter - no this is not a judgemental point made. its true.

3.) want to wear my loreto skirt and dance on one of the library tables and get scolded horribily by maam bhatnagar

4.) want to kiss penelope cruz and then kiss johnny depp too .

5.) i want to feel as good about mc donalds as i did some 6 years back when we (tarangini, isha , bhumika ,arushi) sat loudly singing "we are loving it " in the very first mc d that opened up in lucknow.

6.) i want to sit on the cold hard floor , while my sister oils my hair and puts them into flat plaits.

7.) want to worry about papers and exams like i did , before.

8.) i want a home cooked meal , and all my friends who are not with me together here, with me

9) i want to talk to neharika gupta about doing weed.

10.) i want to listen to the wms sing some awesome song and cheer crazily for sophie and sapna.

11. want to text kritika , just for fun , asking her , fifty times a day - "which room number ?"

12.) want to make fun of shaifa !

13.) want to have my awesome meaningful early morning conversations with farnaaz khan and , do a backstreet boys karaoke with rummy.

14.) want to call asnah stupid asnah infront of three hundered people

15.) i want to see arushi ticked off five hundred times in school again.,

16.) i want to feel as bad as i used to when good friends would not turn up for my parties.

17.) i want to feel as happy as i felt , when my dad bought me my first casio , my set of harry potter books , my "tomboy" bike , my huge barbie doll collection --- somehow , last years laptop, mobile phones and other more expensive things never made me that happy .

18.) i want to wear a frilly frock , and distribute sweets to the kids in my class , and gave a couple of extra ones to the girls i really like

19.) i want to go and carefully choose the sweets i have to distribute.

20.) i want to find those anonymous gifts that sumhow , you never had the guts to tell me you got for me .

21.) i want to win another street play competition on ym birthday , and i want to get ticked off by school teachers for ruining nishant's uniform with cake oh and ofcourse that little sari debacle that happened which i would laugh at forever .

22.) i want to feel close to that girl who made a couple of birthdays so special for me -- the cards , the cake , and the simple effort u used to put in them

23.) i want arushi to give me those old westlife and backstreet boys special editions of Teenager again in the van

24.) i want those handsomely made handmade cards of ishas .

25.) i want to feel like i USEd to feel years ago when some random guy would get my number from someone and call on my birthday - the days before cellphones were permitted and the days when getting guys to wish you (cause u didnt know too many being in a convent and with no brothers) was a big deal

26.) i want to remember how tightly tejaswanee would hug me , and the little awesome gifts she would get for me.

27.) i want to feel the inane sense of pleasure ,when despite me being in the foulest of mood , pranjal and siddhant would still show outside my house , in school uniforms and beg me to let them come in.

28.) i want to remember how happy my bday used to make me

29.) i want to wear my "colour dress" and hold my mother's hand and get a picture clicked from my father's cherished canon camera - the ones we used to have before digital cameras were all teh rage.

30.) i want to feel the way i did , when madhav got me "first little fairy and other stories" as an appropriate book for a 14 year old - :)))

31.) i want to feel as resolutely as i used to feel about losing weight , like i did when i was 17 , or 16 - forgotten now.

32.) i want to remember my black leather jacket that i begged my mother to get for my thirteenth bday .

33.) i want to remember getting those cards from suzie , which she used to mail always a month late for my bday.

34.) i want to beg mariyam;s mom to allow her to send her for my party.

35.) i want to remember , crazy resolutions we made to absolutely do on our birthdays !!!

36.) i want to get cakes from friends which they would end up eating all tehmselves.

37.) i want to bully rohit into buying my make up , and making him not only pay but stand there while i bought it

38.) i want pranjal to buy me balloons for some random thing outside fun republic

39.) i want to go to the mandir with as much devotion as i used to when i was kid - when the most important thing used to be to live happily another year.

40.) i want to love the way i used to earlier , i want to be loved the way i was earlier - before , different countries got in the way,

41.) i want to read those diligently written long birthday messages of dalai , which he would end up sending from a train - and it would be special for i know how he hates texting .

42.) i want to feel that happy smile - which honey's "happy bday kudiye" always brought on my face.

43.) i want those birthday cards from udita which she always cherished more than me because , she loves cards .

44.) i want to dance like there is no end , and struggle with make up like i used to .

45.) i want to feel exicted about a mac pencil - oh wait , that i still am.

46.) i want to remember finally being allowed to wear high heels , and to be finally tall enough for a pair of jeans - only to end up gettin disapproving glances from miss noronha.

47.) i want to talk about doing shots with an excited fellow innocent girl , and maybe stumble in towards a cigarette stub or sumthing like that.

48.) i want to sit down and feel loved and special just cause it was my birhtday .

49.) i want to remember the ache that would infest my limbs for three days just cause i had so much fun on my birthday.

50.) i want , i want a lot of things - i want ricky martin's poster which got lost when we shifted houses , i want to love ddlj with the intensity i did earlier , i want that same excitement back with which isha and i would go round the field three times just discussing the essays we wrote for our silly half yearly papers , the way arushi and i would bitch for hours about everyone and everything , the way , my sister was sure to make some thing just right and everythign else absolutely wrong - i want to have the ""we shld take a trip talk" with ramla , i want the avs talks with farnaaz , i want ritu's birhtday kisses ,and i want furru's cynicism , i want tejaswanees quirks and neharika's make up tricks , i want , i want , i want johnny dep for my birhtday , i want a cake orgasm for my birthday (actually any orgasm wldnt be bad) i want i want i want



maybe , i should stop wanting , maybe then , i could act my age , maybe then i could really believe that birthdays are overrated - but i dont think , thats ever going to happen :

2 comments:

Arushi said...

This is such a sweet post, Devika.
Even though it was so much, I couldn't help but read every bit of it. :)
And whenever your birthday was or is.. Wish you a very very happy birthday, and everything on this list.
Tight hug! :)

PHOTOGENIC DEVIL said...

awww , thnx darling - tight hug tightly returned :)))